Yes, it’s a classic; and just in time for Easter, may I present my favorite hashbrown potato casserole!
Can you tell that my recipe’s seen some action?
First, we’ll assemble our ingredients (can you tell that I like to buy store brand?).
Melt your butter. Lots of it.
Then add all the other ingredients — minus the potatoes and the cheese. This makes it easier to mix.
Beat with a wooden spoon or wire whisk, and then add your cheese, and then your potatoes.
Spread in the pan. Add toppings (optional) and bake.
Here’s the recipe:
Prep Time: Approx. 15 min.
Cook Time: 45 min. – 1 hr.
- 2 lb (32 oz.) bag of frozen hashbrown potatoes, either the shredded kind or the cubed kind (thaw in microwave, or in fridge, or however you like)
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- heaping 1 c. sour cream
- dried minced onion to taste (I like this better than real onion in this recipe)
- 1/2 c. (1 stick) butter, melted
- 1/2 c. milk
- dash of pepper (optional)
- 8 oz. grated cheddar cheese (plus some for topping, if you want to do that)